Do you want a position that offers autonomy and encourages your ideas?
Do you want to work with a team where you can use your passion for customer service in an entrepreneurial and uncharted way?
Do you want to work in an organization that appreciates the value and excellence you bring?
Do you want to be part of a growing organization who is expanding beyond Manitoba borders?
Do you appreciate the support of an experienced team and family-oriented environment?
Then think about us for this outstanding opportunity!
We are expanding and we need a service associate to join our team!
Rempel Insurance is a Manitoba success story. We have been providing quality Manitoba insurance products to a wide range of customers for over 50 years. Rempel Insurance Brokers Ltd. is owned and operated by Shawn and Janice Graydon. Shawn leads the Rempel Insurance team in offering quality insurance to our customers and supporting our communities. We are dedicated to empowering our employees to challenge the status quo through innovation, market penetration, and ultimately maximize the customer experience. Building trusted relationships with family, community, and our clients are at our very core, and we are committed to serving them with the utmost integrity.
To learn more about our company please got to: The Team Experience at Rempel Insurance video
We are looking for a full-time experienced customer service associate to;
- Grow new business though prospecting and harvest leads and referrals
- Identify opportunities in new markets, products and services and communicate to management
- Foster strong relationships with current book of business, delegating to service associates as appropriate
- Prepare accurate, professional proposals for submission to insurers
- Negotiate coverage in best interest of the insured and insurer
- Maintain/update client file information and use abeyance system to ensure follow-up
- Provide payment options and keep client files’ accounts receivable current
- Assist in handling of customer claims
- Generate referrals for other insurance needs
- Take and active role in training to stay current on all commercial insurance products and procedures
- Collaborate with marketing teams on sales initiatives of new products and
- Minimum Level 2 license with commitment towards working towards CAIB designation
- Minimum 4 years commercial insurance experience
- Excellent written, verbal and electronic communication skills
- Effectively defines, analyzes and resolves problems with focus on provision of solutions
- Exhibits good judgement in risk assessment and decision making
- Ability to establish goals, implement action plans and prioritize workflow
- Ability to delegate opportunities and effectively communicate expectations, monitor progress, and follow-up to ensure tasks are completed efficiently and accurately
- Self-motivated; identifies personal development opportunities and takes initiative to seek an apply knowledge and skills
- Willingness to travel for growth and maintenance of commercial book of business/meet objectives
- Must be a team player, and work well with other staff members and management
- Demonstrated relationship building expertise
- Superior customer service, communication skills and positive personality
- Ability to work under pressure and with deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to work collaboratively as a key member of a team and independently
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- Attractive salary
- Great benefits package and Group RRSP
- Commission incentives
Type of Person Who Will Succeed in this Role:
- Directive personality – solves problems in a resourceful decisive manner
- Attention to detail
- Positive and Outgoing – interacts in a socially engaging manner
- Sense of urgency – with a high discipline for self direction and adaptability
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Diligent follow-up
- Self-starter – motivated to provide excellent customer service and appreciates the opportunity for compensation based on production.
If you think this position may have potential for you, then send us your resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, (briefly) outline the following 3 items (in 3 separate numbered paragraphs please):
- Relevant qualifications and work experience in Canada
- Why you are a good match for this role
- Your desired remuneration (approximate)
If you do not include a cover letter – your resume will not be considered.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest. Only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.
We encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
Job Type: Full-time with flexibility to work remotely part-time.