MPI is introducing new coverage options for renewals and reassessments with an effective date of April 1, 2021 or later.
Overview of changes:
- Basic policy deductible increasing from $500 to $750
- The lowest policy deductible available will be increased from $100 to $200
- An enhanced deductible option has been added
- Glass repair and vandalism claim deductible waivers only available with $200 Plus Deductible option
- Basic Third-party liability limit will increase from $200,000 to $500,000
- Maximum insured value under basic coverage will increase from $50,000 to $70,000
Personal Injury Protection benefit will increase from $101,000 to $103,500 for all customers effective April 1, 2021.
- Deductible Changes for trailers and heavy trucks:
- Trailers valued under $2,500 – deductible increased from $150 to $225
- Trailers valued over $2500 – deductible increased $500 to $750
- Heavy trucks – deductible increased from $800 to $1,200
For more information, visit https://www.mpi.mb.ca/Pages/coverage-enhancements-2021.aspx