Commercial Lines Manager
Do you strive for excellence in all that you do?
Do you want to work in a place where you can use your enthusiasm and passion for operations and customer service in an entrepreneurial and uncharted way?
Are you looking for a leadership role where you have flexibility and work with a great team?
Do you want to be mentored by Canada’s ‘Broker of the Year’ (2016)?
Do you appreciate the support of an experienced team and family-oriented environment?
Then think about us for this outstanding opportunity!
Rempel Insurance is a Manitoba success story. We have been providing quality Manitoba insurance products to a wide range of customers for over 50 years.
Rempel Insurance Brokers Ltd. is owned and operated by Shawn Graydon. Shawn leads the Rempel Insurance team in offering quality insurance to our customers and supporting our communities. We are dedicated to empowering our employees to challenge the status quo through innovation, market penetration, and ultimately maximize the customer experience. Building trusted relationships with family, community, and our clients are at our very core, and we are committed to serving them with the utmost integrity.
To learn more about our company please go to www.rempelinsurance.com
We are conveniently located in a beautiful building in the awesome community of Morris – just a short 25-minute drive south of Winnipeg.
Why Should You Apply?
- Commitment to empowering our employees in the workplace and community
- Personal and business growth in a fast-paced team setting
- Competitive compensation, new business commission, group benefits package, company matching RRSP plan
- Company paid continuing Education
- Family-oriented environment
We have grown to the point that we need a leader for our commercial team to nurture team relationships, head up commercial operations, maintain relationships with existing clients, and help take us to the next level.
You are a dynamic team leader who has an entrepreneurial spirit and thrives on supporting their team, creating efficiencies, and nurturing relationships with clients. If you are looking to break out of the status quo by joining a company where you will have the freedom to put your stamp on the organization…this may be the place for you!
Your success in this role is dependent on your commercial/agricultural insurance knowledge, leadership, and communication skills. Your initiative to identify issues, find solutions, create efficiencies, as well as your ability to build positive long-term relationships are integral to the position. The ability to successfully negotiate with insurers, in the best interest of our clients, is essential.
- Commercial Team Lead
- Commercial Team Development
- Performance Management
- Retention of existing commercial/agricultural book of business
- Develop positive relationships with team, customers, and insurance partners for longterm success
- Lead, organize, and/or participate in team meetings, ongoing training, and professional development opportunities
- Negotiate with insurance companies in the best interest of our clients
- Continuously deliver a superior level of customer service
- Achieve established personal goals and team objectives
- Level 2 general insurance licence and minimum 2 years commercial insurance experience required
- Proven track record in commercial/agricultural account management and negotiations
- Superior customer service, communication skills, and positive personality
- High level problem-solving skills and critical thinking
- Understanding of the technology driving the insurance industry
- Experience with a broker management system
- Demonstrated relationship building expertise
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to work collaboratively as a team leader and independently
- Ability to travel (Class 5 licence)
Type of Person Who Will Succeed in this Role
- Directive personality – solves problems in decisive manner
- Superior communication and collaboration skills
- Positive and Outgoing – interacts in a socially engaging manner
- Sense of urgency – time management skills
- Excellent presenter with the ability to effectively facilitate sessions and deliver powerful presentations
- Diligent follow-up
- Self-starter – motivated to provide excellent customer service and appreciates the opportunity for compensation based on production
- Awareness of emotional intelligence
- Confident, self-motivated, goal-oriented, and organized
- Detail oriented, efficient, capable of multi-tasking
Rempel Insurance provides its employees with a respectful, challenging, flexible, and rewarding environment where they can maximize their potential while contributing to the company’s goals.
Our employees are provided with highly competitive compensation packages including new business commission. We provide a stable and rewarding environment for our employees in today’s challenging market.
If you think this position may have potential for you, then send us your resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, (briefly) outline the following 3 items (in 3 separate numbered paragraphs please):
1. Relevant qualifications and work experience in Canada
2. Why you are a good match for this role- Your approach to leadership
3. Your desired remuneration (approximate)
If you do not include a cover letter – your resume will not be considered
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest. Only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.
We encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $1.00 per year
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Broker management system : 1 year (Required)
- Commercial insurance : 2 years (Required)
- Commercial/agricultural account management : 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree (Preferred)
- Class 2 Insurance (Required)