Do you want a position that offers autonomy and encourages your ideas?
Do you want to work with a team where you can use your passion for finance management in an entrepreneurial and uncharted way?
Do you want to work in an organization that appreciates the value and excellence you bring?
Do you want to be part of a growing organization who is expanding beyond Manitoba borders?
Do you appreciate the support of an experienced team and family-oriented environment?
Then think about us for this outstanding opportunity!
Rempel Insurance Brokers Ltd. is a Manitoba success story. We have been providing quality Manitoba insurance products to a wide range of customers for over 50 years.
Rempel Insurance is owned and operated by Shawn Graydon. Shawn leads the Rempel Insurance team in offering quality insurance to our customers and supporting our communities. We are dedicated to empowering our employees to challenge the status quo through innovation, market penetration, and ultimately maximize the customer experience. Building trusted relationships with family, community, and our clients are at our very core, and we are committed to serving them with the utmost integrity.
We operate from a beautiful building conveniently located in the awesome community of Morris – just a short 25-minute drive south of Winnipeg.
We are expanding and we need a finance manager that can run the day to day finance operations, can bring new ideas to improve efficiencies, and help take us to the next level.
The Team Experience at Rempel Insurance click to watch the video
Why Should You Apply?
- Commitment to empowering our employees in the workplace and community
- Personal and business growth in a fast-paced team setting
- Competitive compensation, group benefits package, company matching RRSP plan
- Company paid continuing Education
- Family-oriented environment
The Ideal Candidate:
You are a dynamic professional with experience in finance management. You have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive on both attention to detail in the day to day as well as being able to look at the big picture, thinking strategically and forecasting the financial risks and benefits of various approaches. If you are looking to break out of the status quo by joining a company where you will have the freedom to put your stamp on the organization…this may be the place for you!
Your success in this role is dependent on your finance management knowledge, your efficiency and initiative to take ownership of your role, ability to build positive long-term relationships with your team, and successfully negotiate with financial institutions to put the organization in a better position.
The expectations of the position:
- Manage day to day accounts receivable, payments, payroll.
- Thorough understanding of financial provincial and federal tax laws
- Preparation of financial statements
- Ability to coordinate effectively with the team as well as our other accounting and financial partners
- Willingness to develop relationships with other financial managers to share ideas and encourage growth
- Develop positive relationships with team and financial partners for long-term success
- Participate in management team meetings, ongoing training, and professional development opportunities
- Negotiate with financial institutions in the best interest of our organization
- Continuously deliver a superior level of expertise
- Generate new financial strategies and communicate them to the management team
- Formal Financial Management education
- Demonstrated relationship building expertise
- Confident, self-motivated, goal-oriented and organized
- Superior customer service, communication skills, and positive personality
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to work collaboratively as a key member of a team and independently
- Ability to travel (Class 5 licence)
Type of Person Who Will Succeed in this Role:
- Directive personality – solves problems in a resourceful decisive manner
- Attention to detail
- Positive and Outgoing – interacts in a socially engaging manner
- Sense of urgency – with a high discipline for self direction and adaptability
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Diligent follow-up
- Self-starter – motivated to provide excellent customer service and appreciates the opportunity for compensation based on production.
If you think this position may have potential for you, then send us your resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, (briefly) outline the following 3 items (in 3 separate numbered paragraphs please):
- Relevant qualifications and work experience in Canada
- Why you are a good match for this role
- Your desired remuneration (approximate)
If you do not include a cover letter – your resume will not be considered.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest. Only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.
We encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
Job Type: Full-time with flexibility to work remotely part-time.
• CPA or CA (preferred, or open to completing)
• Finance Management experience (minimum 2 years)
• Knowledge of commercial business and industries including transportation, agribusiness, and manufacturing
• Bachelor’s Degree (Preferred)
• Level 1 insurance license (committed to obtaining, cost will be covered)
Please forward your cover letter and resume to Janice Graydon at firstname.lastname@example.org