A lot of people think their ATV, Off Road Vehicle or Dirt Bike is covered on their policy. This is wrong, there is no coverage on farm, commercial or home insurance policies unless they are specifically scheduled.
When you do choose to insure this on your farm, commercial or house policy you are only covered for Third Party Liability while using it on your own private property. For example, if while crossing a public road, you are in a collision and it is your fault, you would have no liability coverage. However, if you were insured with Autopac you would. This, in my opinion, is the largest consideration and for this reason alone I always recommend you insure with Autopac. There are no gaps in coverage and it costs less. How can you go wrong with that?
The Autopac options include:
- Collision damage ($200 or $500 deductible)
- Comprehensive coverage, including fire, theft, hail and vandalism ($200 or $500 ded)
- Accident Benefits coverage – protection for your own injuries, regardless of fault, such as disability, medical expenses and death or funeral benefits
- Family Protection coverage
- Basic $200,000 Third Party Liability coverage is included, you can increase it to $1, $2 or $5 Million.
Call your Insurance Broker to make sure all your motorized vehicles are covered. If your decision is to insure with Autopac, just bring in your paperwork to your broker and you can add the coverage’s of your choice for your unit.
Making sure you are covered for the operation of your ATV is very important, especially when you consider the Liability exposure!
Be sure to seek advice and purchase insurance from an insurance broker who understands your business!