Toll Free: 1-800-310-4447

Machinery Loss of Use Coverage Part 2


Last month I wrote about Machinery Loss of Use Coverage. Two points came up from that topic. The first one, will this insurance pay when a piece of machinery is breaks down? The insurance will only pay if it is an “insured loss”, meaning it has to be a covered under the policy. Examples of covered losses are fire, wind, lightening, collision, vandalism, etc. If the machinery simply is “broke down”, that is not an insured loss therefore this coverage will not pay for a rental unit.

The other point was; will this pay for a custom operator? This coverage will pay for a rental unit. It will not pay for custom operators. But, in some instances a portion of the custom operator costs may be paid for.

Be sure to seek advice and purchase insurance from those who understand your business!