Toll Free: 1-800-310-4447

So you have a loss!


One of the first things you need to do is secure the property that is damaged and take necessary steps to prevent any further damage. The insurance company will pay all reasonable costs of mitigation. For security reasons you need to notify authorities; for example, the Police or the Fire Department. You then need to report the loss to your insurance company by calling your Insurance Broker. You could also call the insurance company direct emergency claims center line.

The insurance company Claims Adjuster will discuss with you the immediate action plan, they will authorize any expenditures for making temporary arrangements so that you are comfortable. They will also plan to meet with you.

The adjuster will survey the damage and make a decision as to how best settle the claim. Very often the adjuster needs three estimates to repair or replace the damaged item depending on the extend of damage and your policy.