Consider these car winterizing tips before the temperature drops:
Cold temperatures make it difficult for engines to work properly, snow limits tire traction and salt causes rust and gravel pits on the exterior paint. This is why it is a good idea to protect your car during cold months by winterizing your vehicle before the beginning of the season.
PREPARE FOR WINTER WEATHER
- Place snow tires on your vehicle
- Check your tire pressure
- Check your car battery
- Check the antifreeze mixture
- Check your four-wheel drive system for malfunctions
- Change the oil in your engine and check the viscosity grade
- Have belts and hoses inspected
- Place a roadside emergency supply kit in your car
Reduce your risk on the road by purchasing winter tires with low-interest financing.
The MPI Winter Tire Program provides low-interest financing to eligible Manitobans at prime plus two per cent. This financing can be used for the purchase of qualifying winter tires and associated costs from participating retailers. More details and eligibility tool at www.mpi.mb.ca